Principal, Assistant General Counsel
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
- Provide legal and regulatory support to business partners including but not limited to drafting opinions and other required documentation; reviewing documents to help ensure accuracy, consistency, and overall quality; and other necessary actions to provide thorough legal advice to business partners
- Support senior attorneys with the management of relationship with internal and external stakeholders including senior management, Board of Directors, and regulators, including the SEC, the CFTC, and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Provide specialized legal and regulatory advice to internal clients on a variety of matters, with an emphasis in the areas of [insert areas of expertise]
- Assist in ensuring business initiatives are in compliance with current and proposed regulatory requirements
- Work closely with, outside counsel, as appropriate
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- [Required] Ability to promptly produce high-quality, accurate, and detailed work product
- [Required] Excellent analytical and problem-solving, interpersonal and communication, and collaboration skills
- [Required] Capable of handling several substantial medium to high complexity matters with a significant degree of independence, and writing skills
- [Required] Ability to expeditiously identify and assess issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason and to quickly shift priorities in response to changing business environment or priorities
- [Preferred] Familiarity with securities and commodity laws and regulations and experience working with regulatory agencies or regulated financial institutions
- [Preferred] General working knowledge of the clearance and settlement and risk management functions of a clearing organization.
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Proficient with Microsoft Office
- None Required
Education & Training
- [Required] 10+ years of related experience either at a law firm, in-house, or at a regulatory agency
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- [Required] Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- [Required] Admitted to practice law in Illinois
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Sep. 21, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.