Executive Principal, Associate General Counsel
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
This role will provide senior legal counsel to internal business clients on both routine and complex matters regarding legal risks relating to information security, cyber security, technology, and privacy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Act as subject matter expert for the legal function by providing specialized legal and regulatory advice to internal clients on a variety of matters, with an emphasis in the areas of information security, information technology, and privacy.
- Be familiar with and advise internal clients on compliance with specific regulations applicable to OCC, including the SEC’s Regulation Systems Compliance and Integrity (Reg. SCI), the CFTC’s Systems Safeguards, and other laws affecting the areas of information security, information technology, and privacy.
- Support internal processes designed to meet the Corporation’s regulatory requirements.
- Work on Corporation projects and initiatives, including researching and advising internal clients on legal and regulatory issues associated with information security and privacy.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the legal function’s work on advance notice and proposed rule change submissions to the Corporation’s regulators on matters involving information security, information technology, and privacy.
- Review, draft, and provide advice regarding policies, procedures, and business communications relative to information security, information technology, and privacy, and participate on behalf of the legal function in working group or other recurring meetings.
- Monitor proposed legislation, and ensure the Company is apprised of legal developments in matters concerning information security and privacy.
- Develop and provide in-house training and education on legal and regulatory issues pertaining to information security and privacy.
- Manage medium to high complexity matters with a significant degree of independence.
- Interface with outside counsel, as needed, relative to the foregoing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: information security, cyber-security, and/or privacy.
- Knowledge and familiarity with laws, rules, regulations, and industry standards concerning one or more the above-mentioned practice areas, including, but not limited to, knowledge of Regulation SCI.
- Experience working with regulated financial institutions or, alternatively, experience working in the legal function in software or other technology companies.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both non-technical and highly technical individuals across different departments.
- Comprehensive analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal business clients from different departments and at various levels of seniority, as well as outside counsel.
- Strong client management skills.
Technical Skills: N/A
Education and/or Experience:
- Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of related experience either at a law firm or in-house.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Admitted to practice law in Illinois or Texas
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 18, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.