Executive Principal, Hybrid Infrastructure Architecture
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
This role builds on your multi-disciplinary background to define and lead the implementation and operationalization of a world class cloud and on-premise infrastructure. In this role you develop high level frameworks that align an organization’s IT infrastructure with processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
In partnership with the ED of Cloud and Enterprise Platforms, lead the technology organization by:
- Mapping the relationships between information systems components (i.e., end users, business processes, applications, data, IT platform hardware/software, and networks)
- Identifying key interactions and dependencies across separate systems and platforms
- Ensuring the infrastructure is highly reliable, operationally simple, resilient in the face of security threats, and efficient for development teams
- Evaluating the total cost of ownership and return on investment of various architecture alternatives
- Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision.
- Coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level professionals.
- Finding solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- Working with security and development teams to drive consensus and finalize solution designs
- Support demonstrating compliance through participating in regulatory and internal audit exams
- Work in close partnership with our development & product delivery teams to enable self-service while preserving the necessary guard rails that ensure resiliency and proactive cloud cost management.
- Build practices that increase on time delivery with tangible measures of quality while the outcomes of doing so must bolster OCC’s resiliency, uptime, availability, and security.
- Create technical and product assets/diagrams that possess patterns of modularity and extensibility that enable self service
- Develop the information architecture that enables the designs to be reusable assets that facilitate solution adoption and effective change management
- None, this is an individual contributor role
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record of proficiency at the following competencies and organizational objectives:
- Ability to quickly gain credibility as a strong, professional executive who can provide clear leadership for IT.
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk aware and regulatory compliance and internal control mindset within the organization.
- Ability to navigate and analyze complex or ambiguous issues that may not have definitive answers, and confidently provide effective guidance to relevant stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- An ability to effectively influence (and be influenced by) others to appropriately modify opinions, plans, or behaviors.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Depth and breadth of experience leading in a highly dynamic technology and business landscape.
- Proven ability to establish and execute technology strategy to deliver business outcomes; ability to conceive and implement enterprise-wide strategies and manage the associated governance processes.
- Deep knowledge and expertise with IAC (Infrastructure as Code) architecture and design in a hybrid environment (AWS/on-premises)
- Experience (including early/mid-career) with:
- Architecting components of traditional on-premises distributed systems (storage, network, compute)
- Understanding and applying the concept of least privilege to solution design
- Effective influence driving change across direct and indirect areas of accountability
- Experience developing and maintaining infrastructure as code,
- Familiarity with Kafka, Kubernetes, TFE
Education and/or Experience:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as an architect within the financial industry and/ or at a highly complex regulated technology organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of delivery of enterprise class cloud-based technologies and solutions, ideally AWS, and experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) concepts and technology is essential, Terraform Enterprise knowledge is a plus.
Certificates or Licenses:
- AWS certifications are desired but not required
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Aug. 19, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.