Intern, Enterprise Technology Solutions
All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) Integrations team, the intern will primarily support integration automation, design, and testing between OCC’s SaaS/PaaS applications while collaborating with various OCC stakeholders on project work.
- Example Project work:
- Engage with The OCC’s Corporate Finance group to build Apptio data connections to support reporting requirements for Vendor Management, Headcount and Revenue. This will save Accounting team labor hours to reduce their manual maintenance of EPM data.
- Collaborate with Treasury and Accounting teams to implement enhancements to bank file interfaces between the Treasury Management System (GTreasury) and Oracle GL and Cash Management tools
- Collaborate with Technology Engineering team to migrate integration artifacts from The OCC’s middleware servers to cloud-based infrastructure in support of PM0-566 - Future Data Center project.
- Collaborate with The OCC’s Security teams to integrate ETS systems with Splunk to support security analytics, monitoring and anomaly detection and improve The OCC’s security posture.
- During project work the intern will be responsible for demonstrating an understanding of the end-to-end integration components and work cross-functionally to test that components are stable under test cases / scenarios. Additionally, they will assist with integration error identification, root cause analysis, and the implementation of permanent / sustainable solutions.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or have experience and passion for working with large data sets and / or automating data transmission
- Experience at working both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- API / ETLTools, SQL, Linux and Oracle ERP / EPM experience, is a plus
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- An understanding of enterprise SaaS integration utilizing cloud infrastructure tools
- Knowledge of OCC's ETS applications that support Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Strategic Sourcing, along with their database schemas, configurations, data, and metadata structures
- Improved ETL and integration development skills
- Strong understanding of Data Governance and Security requirements that underpin enterprise application development
- Communication and presentation skills to cross-functional teams and senior management
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Seasonal Intern
- Posted: Mar. 11, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.