Intern, IT Business Management
All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- IT Process Transition – Continuous Process Improvements
- Exam and Findings Management
- ALM and Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Assist in developing an automated approach to monitor and track progress of findings, internal controls and management self-testing
- Perform current state assessment of Risk Acceptance process to assess the maturity of the process and identify pain points/challenges which will lead to recommendations and enhancements.
- Knowledge IT processes, underlying IT systems and IT control frameworks
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills
- Excellent communication skills: verbal & written
- Performance measurement tools such as Tableau and other similar tools a plus
- Ability to collaborate with various IT teams and define solutions
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Broad range of knowledge of various IT’s System of Internal Controls which includes policies, procedures, and controls of IT processes.
- Knowledge in conducting process gap analyses of process and controls
- Regulatory exams, audit engagements and Findings Management
- Exposure to process improvement initiatives
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Seasonal Intern
- Posted: Mar. 11, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.