Manager, Server Administration (Linux)
What You'll Do
Lead a team highly talented LINUX engineers to facilitate the administration of the OCC compute environment. Provide team leadership required to support a large, complex Linux based computing environment and an increasing transition to infrastructure in Cloud. Assist in driving “infrastructure as code” mentality throughout the organization and demonstrate a passion for automation concepts and tools. Provide mentoring and direction to the team on DevOps and automation. Utilize customer service skills while acting as a technical resource to internal departments and system users.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day to day operations of highly virtualized Linux compute infrastructure
- Provide status reporting (availability, performance capacity utilization)
- Create and maintain process & policy documentation
- Drive automation of Linux systems
- Develop Linux server team to align with the OCC future technology roadmap.
- Forecast System demands and recommend upgrades, expansions and reconfiguration
- Resource planning
- Provide input into strategic compute infrastructure plans and help drive alignment with application teams, security and business
- Collaborate with application support teams to drive improvements in communication, architecture, and performance
- Act as a liaison for customer relations and represent server teams
- Manage enterprise server environment related projects
- Lead audit and security responsibilities that include routine reviews and reporting of technology policies and security compliance
- Ensure all server systems comply with OCC regulatory requirements
- Work with auditors to remediate and closeout all remediation, regulatory, and audit findings
- Draft proposals to tackle technology challenges and work with vendors to provide best solution at optimal cost
- Responsible for change management process for server infrastructure
- Use good judgment and escalate when necessary and keep management informed
- Performance Management and development of the team members
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients, technical staff, consultants and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Experience with disaster recovery testing and creating technical/process documentation
- Ability to communicate well and manage a team located in multiple cities
- Good consultative, communication, analytical, and judgment skills
- Strong background in Compute (LINUX) administration
- Working knowledge of Virtualization and Storage infrastructure
- Working knowledge and experience in Cloud Infrastructure
- LINUX Systems (Redhat and Amazon linux)
- EMC storage
- VMWare virtualization
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- CI/CD (Terraform, Jenkins, Artifactory, Github)
- Automation (Ansible, Python)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Compute (LINUX) administration
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Cloud technologies and CI/CD technologies
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing people and leading projects.
- Experience in a regulated / financial industry a plus
Certificates and Licensing
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Feb. 10, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.