Principal, Software Engineering - Test Data Management
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
- A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
- Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
- Generous PTO and Parental leave
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What We Need
We are looking for an individual to join the Renaissance Integration and Testing team as Principal, Software Engineering, to lead the Test Data Management and Day 0 migration projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Develop and execute integration test strategy Test Data Management (TDM) and Day 0 migration
- Design and document architecture for the TDM solution
- Design solutions using standardized tools like Python, Java, Kafka, S3.
- Plan and execute the project to successful completion aligned with the testing team’s needs and go-live timeline
- Work with the product teams and business users on resolution of any outstanding issues within the release and post-release
- Categorize issues based on severity, clearing documents details of the issues in the tracking systems
- Design solutions with security requirements in mind to be promoted to higher level environments.
- Work with the scrum master and project manager to keep track of open issues and retest closed issues.
- Lead building new automation capabilities for integration testing, reconciliation testing, and data testing.
- Partner with internal business users and stakeholders to prioritize and develop requirements and testing for implementing new features and functionality including, but not limited to, Risk Platform applications.
- Support data requirement for integration testing and system testing teams.
- Create status reports and updates for management to get accurate information about the status, issues, and the plan.
- Work with the executive director to create roadmap and strategy for TDM.
- Build upon/maintain professional relationships with key colleagues and vendors to ensure that the services and solutions provided meet the current and future needs of OCC
- Maintain documentation and process related requirements.
- Assist with compliance and regulatory related activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Manage resources in the TDM team, provide direction, coaching and support to operate as a high performing team
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Strong data architecture and development experience
- Experience with modern data technologies – big data systems, AWS data technologies, data migration and transformation technologies
- Strong experience with databases and data processing tools
- Experienced development with Java and Python development
- Strong SQL and relational database skills
- Experience with EMR, Presto, Hive, Parquet formatted data
- Experience with at rest and streaming data processing technologies
- Strong understanding of Kafka or other event sourcing tools
- Strong customer orientation and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, confidential environment
- Understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC), including proven experience in implementing HR software applications
- Experience operating within an Agile delivery team
- Proven track record of on-time delivery
- Data processing architecture development
- Data pipeline development, including CI/CD tools
- Proficiency in data processing development using Java and Python.
- Knowledge of API and high-volume data development
- Development of data testing and transformation tools
- Strong data experience including SQL, databases
- Streaming and event driven system experience a plus.
- Message queuing and event sourcing tools like IBM MQ, Kafka
- Proficiency with MS word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio is preferred
- Experience with implementing and configuring business processes
- Deep understanding of data and structure, reporting, dashboards
- Experience with Security testing a plus
- Clearing and Risk systems functional expertise and familiarity with technical offerings such as integrations and Core Connectors is a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience working with automation, data and analytics technologies as an expert with a clear understanding of core practices, processes, and terminology
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience implementing, enhancing, and supporting integration to address business problems and requirements in multiple functional areas
- Minimum of two (2) year of experience in financial services or capital markets
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Dec. 08, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.