Principal, Solution Architecture
All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for leading development of solution architecture on Renaissance Risk Platform core team, all while enriching and advancing the platform providing sound technical decisions around design, architecture and development. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively within and outside the team and proactively engage in making technical decision to achieve desired objectives. This role will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in agile environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Act as technical product owner in flushing out detailed business, architectural & design requirements on risk framework’s core team.
• Lead development of solution / solution architecture on Renaissance Risk Platform core team
• Drive various enterprise level architecture initiatives covering Risk Platform interactions at enterprise level and help flush out reference architecture with POC/Designs.
• Solicit business and technical requirements. Translate those into flexible, scalable, resilient design proposals. Review architecture proposals with tech leads in the firm as well as senior business partners.
• Collaborate with others to deliver complex projects which may involve multiple systems. Analyze, document, refine, and maintain architectures that are developed within the team.
• Create strategies and transition plans to deliver target state architectures.
• Recommend technologies and tools that improve the efficiency and quality of OCC’s systems and development processes.
• Individual contributor with servant leader mindset.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• Experience in architecting and supporting development of projects involving Java 8 (or higher version), spring boot, micro services and advance programming constructs like AOP, concurrency and multithreading.
• Experience developing/architecting containerized cloud based solutions with good understanding of AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3, KMS, AWS CLI, Networking, AWS Security and IAM, etc. preferred
• Ability to facilitate working architecture sessions with diverse participants including tech leads and business stakeholders.
• Hands-on experience building POC and in documenting architecture proposals through clear and comprehensive diagrams, use cases, and written documents
• Ability to syndicate and communicate clearly and concisely architecture designs and proposals to others
• Fluent in object-oriented design, industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles.
• Experience working with enterprise architecture frameworks, like TOGAF.
• Experience defining and documenting architecture strategies, designs, and requirements across all enterprise architecture domains – business, information systems (applications & data), and technology.
• Good understanding of architecture design mechanisms and steps including logical/conceptual, business and physical architectures. Ability to map between these constructs.
• Experience working with the following: Public-cloud platforms/AWS Unix/Linux environments, event-driven systems, transaction processing systems, high performance computing, distributed and parallel systems, large software system development, security software development.
• Experience with distributed computing frameworks a plus eg. - AWS EMR, Kubernetes, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink, Apache Beam etc.
Education and/or Experience:
• Experience designing and architecting largescale, compute intensive microservices based cloud native systems is a must have
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience.
Certificates or Licenses:
• AWS Solution Architect (nice to have)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Mar. 18, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.