Senior Associate, Network Engineering
This role is responsible for supporting a team performing network design & analysis of new architectures, routing/switching configuration and design, and network related business continuity approaches; developing systems specifications, technical implementation plans and coordinating complex installation projects with clients and vendors without supervision. Responsible for supporting the team performing network design and support of new network and security architectures for “on premise” and Cloud networks.
- Support the team members who design/architect new routing, switching, and connectivity solutions
- Support the team members who design/architect new cloud network solutions
- Support the team members who design, architect and plan network changes and new infrastructure
- Work with vendors, common carriers and network engineering in identification and resolution of complex network problems
- Ensure IT/Security Governance needs are met. (NIST-CSF and COBIT)
- Ensure network performance and network security standards are met
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
- Document network changes, policies and procedures and drawings
- Support large projects and schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
- [Required] Demonstrated capability to tailor communications to the technical level of the audience
- [Required] Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
- [Required] Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
- [Required] Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
- [Required] Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
- [Required] Ability to work independently and be a team player
- [Required] Demonstrated capability and desire to help manage people, process, systems
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Experience directing use of tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Python, and Github (or industry equivalent)
- [Required] Experience delivering Infrastructure as code
- [Required] Experience building cloud infrastructure in environments such as AWS (Preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud, or similar service
- [Required] Experience using Agile Methodology
- [Required] Knowledge of layer 3 routing and switching
- [Required] Experience with IOS, NX-OS, and XR
- [Required] Advanced experience with architecting, designing, deploying, and operating network elements such as DNS/IPAM; Firewalls; Network Access Control Solutions (NAC); load balancing; DDoS mitigation, tapping/sniffing infrastructures; and NTP
- [Required] Excellent physical communication troubleshooting skills using cabling and signaling analyzer, packet capture and analysis
- [Required] Advanced WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet Skills
- [Required] Extensive EIGRP, BGP4, RIP and OSPF Routing Protocol knowledge
- [Preferred] Experience with SDN deployments or Cisco ACI || [Required] Experience with IP route and switching for mainframe and storage appliances
- [Preferred] Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- [Preferred] Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCDP) equivalent field experience
- [Required] AWS certifications such as DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect, Advanced Networking, or Security or equivalent field experience
- [Preferred] Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) Certification
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- [Required] 1+ years of experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized servers / cloud systems
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jun. 03, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.