Senior Associate, Participant Solutions
Serves as a liaison between the business units, the IT organization and support/control groups, in order to recommend and document requirements for systems and operational solutions to meet user needs. For external projects, serves as a liaison between the external business customers - exchanges, members & vendors - and OCC's internal organizations, in order to recommend and document requirements for systems technical and procedural solutions. Analyzes business partner's operations to determine impact of changes. Supports all phases of project development life cycle from requirements gathering, through design & development, testing and implementation.
- Under general supervision, analyzes business partners operations to understand processes and functions in order to recommend integrated clearing solutions
- Assists in the business process redesign, launch and documentation as needed for new technology, procedures and products
- Bridge the gap between IT and business by evaluating current processes against new initiatives in a clearing environment
- Investigate initiatives through requirements recommendations, internal and external stakeholder interviews, data analysis and systems analysis.
- Documents and translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and business operation units. Supports changes to such specifications
- Educates IT and business unit organizations on the direction of the business
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business units, legal/support/control functions and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge
- Position often includes QA functions for many of the projects, including assistance or generation of test plans and test cases, and test results verification
- Follow defined processes and procedures in a highly regulated environment
- May represent OCC externally
Are the essental duties of this job required to be performed in an OCC office location?No
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] 2+ years of experience
- [Required] Strong analytical ability required to examine business problems, perform research and develop optimal solutions needed
- [Required] Capacity to write well-thought, concise business plans and business requirements documents
- [Required] Strong oral communication skills
- [Required] Strong organization skills needed
- [Required] Ability to multitask between many projects simultaneously with changing priorities
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Proficiency in email, MS Office word, excel, PowerPoint package
- [Required] Familiarity with application development and project life cycle methodologies
- [Preferred] Familiarity in application design, SQL, and other software analysis tools
- None Required
Education & Training
- [Required] Undergraduate degree required
- [Preferred] MBA or related graduate level course work a plus
- [Required] 2+ years in securities or financial derivatives industry required
- [Preferred] Experience in the operations of markets from a clearing organization, exchange or member firm perspective
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 05, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.