Manager, Software Engineering: Software Development Test (SDET)
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
The Manager of Software Engineering in Test (SDET) is responsible for managing a team of highly skilled SDET engineers in design, development, and test of the new generation highly scalable resilient cloud based clearing applications. Collaborate with architects, product owners, and developers to successfully deliver business and operational functionality with minimal defects. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve these objectives. A team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in an agile environment. The Manager SDET is responsible for design, development, and maintenance of new and existing automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in test regression, tests coverage and automation of newly implemented functionality, and development of tools to enable acceptance test efficiencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
You’ll be working alongside experts who are building OCC’s next generation Clearing system, and
paving the future of digital transformation in the capital markets industry by
• Collaborating with others to deliver complex projects which may involve multiple systems
• Continuously thinking about the next steps while improving yourself and others around you
• Developing solutions to complex technical challenges while coding, testing, troubleshooting, debugging, and documenting the systems you develop
• Recommending technologies and tools that improve the efficiency and quality of OCC’s systems, development, and testing processes
Manage a team of skilled software development engineers in test
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- 8-10 years of experience in building large scale, compute and event-driven solutions.
- Automated Testing framework experience (Cucumber, Selenium, Mocha/Chai, TestNG, JMeter, Python)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a clearing or trading environment is a plus
- Hands-on experience with writing automation test code and utilizing leading industry standards tools and frameworks that can simulate complex multi-system scenarios
- Proficiency with automated testing types (Unit, Functional, Load, Security, Behavioral, Integration, Component, Contract and End to End)
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, event driven systems, transaction processing systems, distributed and parallel systems, large software systems development, security software development, public-cloud platforms
- Strong testing experience which includes developing test plans, automated test cases, and working with test frameworks.
- Deep analytical skills with ability to describe methods of testing highly sophisticated systems, diagnose systems defects, and clearly communicate to project constituents, key findings and learning.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-focused environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- 8+ years of experience in building and testing high speed distributed solutions
- Expert knowledge of automated testing frameworks (Cucumber, TestNG, Selenium, etc) preferred
- Experience with distributed message brokers, like Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design, industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years’ experience working in an agile software development environment
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in the capital markets industry preferred
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Nov. 08, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.