Associate Principal, Software Engineering: Software Development Test (SDET)
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of the new system to be tested. This individual must learn both the technical side of the system as well as understand what the business user expects. The SDET is responsible to design, develop and maintain new and existing automation frameworks, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in test regression, tests coverage and automation of newly implemented functionality, and development of tools to enable acceptance test efficiencies. The SDET will also work closely with Software Developers, Project Management and Customer Support to form and follow quality procedures, standards and specifications ensuring they are met and deliver the highest quality projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing automation test plans, writing code against software platforms, estimating testing efforts, analyzing and communicating test results, defect tracking and participation in day to day acceptance test activities, and contribute to the company’s performance and scalability testing efforts.
- Collaborating with others to deliver complex projects which may involve multiple systems
- Continuously thinking about the next steps while improving yourself and others around you
- Contribute to our long-term vision and strategy for improved quality via automation
- Develop, enhance and extend automation frameworks
- Identify quality tasks during team sprint cycle and implement automation for new features
- Analyze and communicate test results and defect tracking
- Participate in performance and load test efforts
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environments and test data
- Define test strategy, conduct requirements analysis for testability, identify scope, conduct risk and mitigation planning, configuration management planning, write master and detailed test plans for test planning and design.
- Participate in the review of acceptance test procedures and processes and provide recommendations for improvements to eliminate redundancies in testing and improve efficiency.
- Mentor the team and individuals on best automation practices, design and implementation.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Automated Testing framework experience (Cucumber, Selenium, Mocha/Chai, TestNG)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Hands-on experience with writing automation test code and utilizing leading industry standards tools and frameworks that can simulate complex multi-system scenarios
- Proficiency with automated testing types (Unit, Functional, Load, Security, Behavioral, Integration, Component, Contract and End to End)
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, event driven systems, transaction processing systems, distributed and parallel systems, large software systems development, security software development, public-cloud platforms
- Strong testing experience which includes developing test plans, automate test cases, and working with test frameworks.
- Deep analytical skills with ability to describe methods of testing highly sophisticated systems, diagnose systems defects, and clearly communicate to project constituents, key findings and learning.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-focused environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design, industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks (Cucumber, TestNG, Selenium, etc) preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an agile software development environment
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in the capital markets industry preferred
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jun. 06, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.