Senior Associate, Technical Certification and Documentation Services
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
The User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Analyst acts on behalf of the Business and Accountable Executive and is responsible for developing and executing the strategy of UAT across various projects. The UAT Analyst helps the organization define great customer experience by ensuring that the new product, process or changes introduced to customers and employees meet business requirements. The UAT Analyst reduces risk by finding and fixing problems in advance of production, helping projects achieve expected benefits and addressing regulatory requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordinating and executing UAT activities with all stakeholders
- Advise the business and project teams on the level of UAT required
- Identify, manage and prioritize defects with business and technology groups
- Recommend and obtain UAT sign-off from the Accountable Executive or Delegate
- Develop UAT Strategy and Plans to ensure alignment to initiative goals and business strategies
- Develop and manage the UAT Plan in accordance with project scope and schedule
- Document, review, prepare and execute test cases and test scenarios
- Identify test cases and scenarios, candidates for automation
- Work with the SDET to develop automated tests and continued enhancement of the automation framework
- Maintain traceability throughout the entire UAT lifecycle to ensure that test cases meet user requirements
- Manage and prioritize defects through resolution and assist developers in the identification and resolution of defects;
- Compile all test outcomes in an organized manner
- Report UAT progress, status, risks, and issues to the Product Owner, Project Manager, Accountable Executive and other stakeholders
- Investigate and document defects reported by users and work with product team to prioritize and resolve defects.
- Review and validate defect resolutions with stakeholders
- Participate in the release control process (when the application is transferred from the build team to the acceptance team) to ensure that solution meets user requirements and all UAT exit criteria are met
- Operate within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards
- Participate in Post Implementation Review and provide feedback on behalf of the UAT team
- Identify any risks and issues related to UAT.
- Work with the Product Owner, Project Manager and the Account Executive to identify mitigation and contingency plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Quality Assurance Experience producing Test Strategy and Test Plans
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the capability to present and articulate complex concepts
- Strong planning, prioritization and risk management skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Demonstrated ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
- Strong analytical and logical approach to quality assurance
- Tenacity for problem solving and meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Automated Testing framework experience (Cucumber, Selenium, Mocha/Chai, TestNG) preferred
- Experience building, maintaining, and executing test scripts
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology and Project Delivery Framework
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, an analytical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years relevant job experience
- Experience working in an Agile Methodology
- Automated testing framework experience preferred
- Work experience in the capital markets industry
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 08, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.