Summer Intern - Model Analyst
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This is an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- STANS Margin Model Enhancement for Short-dated Options
- Clearing Fund Stress Testing Exam Remediation
- STANS Margin Model Enhancement – Multi-factor Model Simulation Framework
- Financial mathematics (derivatives pricing models, stochastic calculus, statistics and probability theory, advanced linear algebra).
- Econometrics, data analysis and machine learning techniques. Risk management Models.
- Financial products knowledge: good understanding of markets and financial derivatives.
- Basic programing skills: able to read and/or write code using a programming language (e.g., Python) in a collaborative software development setting.
- Problem-solving skills: be able to identify a problem's possible source, conduct study and provide reasoning in estimating severity and impact.
- Experience in office technology such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Real experience working in the financial industry.
- Model analytics and performance monitoring for margin, clearing, and stress testing models.
- Proficient model prototyping, testing, and model implementation.
- Communication and collaborative teamwork skills.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Seasonal Intern
- Posted: Oct. 20, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.