Year-Round Intern - Internal Audit, Business & Risk
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This is an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- The year-round internship program will include assignments on audit engagements that are ongoing during the course of the internship. This will involve audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases for the assigned engagement. Interns will be expected to work with the engagement Lead and supervisors to execute the assigned tasks, which may include planning deliverables and control testing. Areas of audit may include Financial Risk Management and Operations.
- In executing the assigned audit work, the intern will be responsible for clearly and concisely documenting process walkthroughs, control design and operating effectiveness procedures, and any finding or enhancement that may result from procedures performed.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and drive them to completion
- Willingness to take on undefined tasks and propose solutions
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- A foundational understanding of internal audit industry practices, particularly those practices within financial services
- A foundational understanding of risk management concepts and the impact of internal audit on risk management
- An ability to communicate complex issues and problem solve
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Posted: Oct. 20, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.